Shaping our future for the nextgeneration
20th – 22nd June 2023
Mount Falcon Estate, Mayo, Ireland
The world is in greater flux than we have experienced in our lifetime. The rise of populism, the seismic impact of Brexit, the opportunities (and risks) of increasing globalism, and the emergency facing our climate have all been thrown into sharp focus in recent years and will undoubtedly dominate policy-making for years to come. The Global Economic Summit ’23 will aim to meet these challenges head on, by bringing key decision-makers, thought leaders and heads of industry to Ireland, to shape our shared future.
Ireland has long shown itself to be a critical player on the world stage, and its role as a bridge between the US, Europe and the Rest of the World has never been more critical. Ireland sits on the UN Security Council, holds a vital role in the EU’s continued negotiations with the UK, and is the cornerstone of a strong US-Europe partnership. It is a trusted trade partner, a valued business hub, and a centre for global research.
The West of Ireland is on the frontier of Europe. Entrepreneurialism, innovation, respect for the environment and collective effort define the spirit of this new frontier. There is no better place to map out the solutions to our shared concerns – nor to grasp our shared opportunities – than Ireland, and its Wild West.
GLOBAL ECONOMIC SUMMIT GOALS
- To be the first annual summit to establish Ireland as the frontier of global thinking on major economic, cultural and social issues affecting us all.
- To showcase Ireland; highlight its infrastructure, business environment and diverse human capital to drive Foreign Direct Investment.
- To convene thought-leaders from across Europe, the US and the rest of the world, in order to establish concrete pathways to addressing critical problems.
GLOBAL ECONOMIC SUMMIT ’23 THEMES
The Summit will be focused around one central idea: Shaping our future for the next generation. Under this headline premise there will be four distinct tracks for delegates to participate in, each of which addresses a major area of challenge and opportunity:
- Redefining Global Partnerships
- The Fourth Industrial revolution
- Future-Proofing the World
- Democracy and Open Society
Itinerary topics will include:
- Ireland’s unique position as a global bridge between the US and Europe
- Climate Change
- The future of government
- Are rules and regulations damaging initiative, intrapreneurs, entrepreneurship and removing individual freedoms?
- Wealth Inequality
- Diversity & Inclusion
- The next generation of leaders
- The future of media
- The threat to democracy, transparency and an open society
- What is the future for Europe?
- The Digital Revolution
- The role of technology in economics, business and politics
- Living in a post-Covid world
Those that should attend include:
- Business Leaders
- Heads of State
- Finance & Business Ministers
- Senior Civil Servants
- CEO’s and Managing Directors
- Innovation leaders
- Media & commentators
We are honoured to have the following individuals as Patrons of the Global Economic Summit
Taoiseach Enda Kenny
President Mary Robinson
Governor Martin O’Malley
The Summit Experience
The Global Economic Summit will be held in the county of Mayo on the West Coast of Ireland.
The Summit will officially kick-off with a welcome reception on the evening of Monday 19th June 2023.
The core summit agenda itself will be held over the course of three days, 20th – 22nd June 2023, at a purpose-built conference facility on the grounds of Mount Falcon Estate. Each day of the summit will be multi-tracked, delving into each of the strands of the Summit DNA, as well as examining the unique Ireland-Europe-US relationship and Ireland’s position as a global bridge.
Each evening will feature a unique social programme at various locations across the county of Mayo, giving delegates the opportunity to experience the rich culture, heritage and hospitality that Ireland’s west coast is famous for. It also offers a unique opportunity for speakers, guests and delegates from across the business and political worlds to come together in an informal manner and continue the conversations of the day in a more social and relaxed setting.
The Global Economic Summit Gala Dinner will be held on Wednesday 21st June and will give an opportunity for guests to recognise and champion the unique relationships that stretch across international borders.
There will also be a full tourism and activity programme available for international delegates who wish to explore Ireland’s many charms while visiting for the Summit.
This Summit is organised by iQuest. If you have any questions, requests, or are interested in getting involved with the Global Economic Summit please complete your details below and a member of team will be in touch.